Bringing The Stars Down To Earth - 22 Aug
Astrological Medicine For The Soul with John Wadsworth & Davyd Farrell
Bringing together Astrologer, John Wadsworth and Plant Shaman, Davyd Farrell in this 'astrological planets & plants forecast', a unique fusion of the worlds of astrology and plant medicine, delivering a fortnightly medicine for the soul.
In this episode John covers the following astrological themes:
• Full moon in Aquarius opposite Sun in Leo
◦ the dream of a new future, social and community visions, inclusivity, diversity, working together for the good of all. The opposition with Leo: tensions between heart (Leo) and mind (Aquarius), centre (Leo) & periphery (Aquarius), passion (Leo) & reason (Aquarius).
• Full Moon falls in the 'anaretic' degree (29˚)
◦ feeling of inevitability ot 'fatedness' with this degree of a sign. May be reflected in a feeling of the 'Aquarian societal / community model' now being 'set in place' in a way that is quite resistant to change. And with the Sun is in the final degree of Leo, there is a strong opposing force of personal sovereignty and the power of the centre also digging its heels in. So what is really feeling inevitable is the experiene of polarity between opposing perspectives. Somehow , it seems, we must hold the tension, and confront the inherent dichotomy between two opposite/complementary forces: between the power of the heart and the power of the mind; between the centralised order of being which radiates the light of consciousness, and is rooted in the fiery crucible of the heart, and the de-centralised community of minds that might collaborate to create a different future; between the radiant light of the Sun and the refracted light of the rainbow; the Aquarian revelation of the electromagnetic spectrum of energy in its different colours and frequencies, as a metaphor the multitude of perspectives and voices that make up a community. And any model of the future must reflect this diversity and difference, lest it become a monolith of centralised power that pays lip service to the inclusion of all, and the creation of a level playing field, while actually denying and restircting it.
◦ In the times of heightened idealism and social change that we are living through, it is very easy to become blinded by the power of a centralised authority using social awareness and communitarian ideas to make people act in a way that seems like it is good for the whole of society, when actually it is serving the power of the central authority, at the expense of personal liberty.
• Second consecutive Aquarius full moon (previous full moon at 1˚ Aquarius)
◦ bit of a deja-vu here, but interesting that last month the full moon occurred at the very beginning of the sign, where energy is seeded and initial steps are taken. This felt strongly connected to the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction from Dec 2020, which has initiated a new Aquarian paradigm. And now in the final degree, there is a sense that there is 'no going back', that certain situations are irreversible or irretrievable. It is a place of tremendous suspense, that feels 'liminal' or 'in between', which also paradoxically gives us the sense that something has to give, that something different must inevitably be born out of such tension.
• Moon conjunct Jupiter in Aquarius:
◦ this is a feelgood energy, a signature of good fortune, that is expansive and raises the bar of the whole conversation around freedom, freeness'. What does it mean to be free, and how far will we go to defend our freedoms? A strong desire to break out of restrictions and limitations - but also a possible ideaisation of certain solutions that
• Venus in Libra trine Saturn in Aquarius.
◦ This feels harmonious, stabilising for the love & relationship, an opportunity to effect balance and agreement in partnership, to build trust and foster greater understanding.
• Mars conjunct Mercury in Virgo, opposite Neptune, trine Uranus:
◦ earthy, practical actions which address specific issues generated through a spirit of innovation and the breaking out of old ways of thinking and acting (trine Uranus). But these may be misunderstood or poorly applied due to disagreement, confusion or deception (opposite Neptune)
• Uranus trurns retrograde 20 Aug: (5 outer planets are now retrograde). The revolutionary Uranian instinct intensifies, turns inwards, we must look within to encounter what is most radical about us.
Davyd comes from a Celtic background with ancestry from both Cornwall and Ireland. This connection forms an essential part of the healing practice, which he runs with his wife Emma. Together they are the co-founders of the ground-breaking event in London, Plant Consciousness which today has evolved into a healer training programme, plant diet retreats to take attendees deep into the inner realms of nature, remote healings for physical and spiritual vitality, an apothecary for powerful plant medicines and WisdomHub.tv.
Davyd has studied wisdom and healing traditions for many years including Druidry, Buddhism, Celtic Shamanism and Amazonian Shamanism.
I became a professional astrologer in 1992, following a profound experience of communion with the night sky, which opened my mind to the poetry of the cosmos and radically altered my worldview. I consider myself to be a creative innovator in the field, engaging with astrology primarily as an embodied, experiential practice capable of facilitating profound healing and transformation. Studying and working as an astrological consultant for over twenty years, I have tapped an incredibly rich resource of archetypal symbolic understanding and gained enormous insight into the workings of the human psyche. I offer astrological consultations and coaching sessions, working with individuals and couples to facilitate a profound journey of self-realisation. I am also an experienced teacher and workshop facilitator and hold a Masters in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology. I am also a pioneer of astrodrama and astrological theatre.
Throughout all of my work, my aim has been to help awaken passion, purpose and creative inspiration. I consider these to be at the heart of what it is to live an empowered life and what it is to be truly alive. I would say that my primary commitment as an astrologer is to help people re-align to their deepest truth and help them develop the confidence to live from that.
|Support Devices||Plays on all browsers with Flash installed. Plays on Apple mobile devices|