Astrological Medicine For The Soul with John Wadsworth & Davyd Farrell
Bringing together Astrologer, John Wadsworth and Plant Shaman, Davyd Farrell 'Astrological Planets & Plants Forecast' is a unique fusion of the worlds of astrology and plant medicine, delivering a fortnightly medicine for the soul.
In this edition John lays out the major themes of the upcoming New Moon in Taurus and Davyd adds the plant and healing perspective as the boys preview the upcoming energies around this very potent time
- - Days lengthen at an accelerating rate. Nature responds by bursting into colour and revealing the great-fullness of life, the trees displaying their beautiful, sweet smelling blossoms.
- - Taurus is ruled by Venus and the Moon is exalted here in Venus's sign; it is a place of joy for her, where she feels safe and nourished by the goddess's care and love for the earth.
- - At this new moon we have the Sun and Moon united in their embodiment of earthly beauty and fecundity.
- - The new moon is a seeding time, and this is a moment to seed our intention to live in gratitude for all the blessings we are given, to recognise the gifts we have been given and to be thankful.
- - Taurus Shadow: As part of this practice, we must also acknowledge and take responsibility for our lusts and our cravings, the ways in which we hunger for more, fuelled by our culturally conditioned, toxic belief that there is not enough, and that more is better.
- - Medicine of Gratitude.
- - The appreciation of what is ‘enough’, and that we are enough as we are. What if we could simply accept that there is enough, that we have enough, that we are enough and to rest into that. What would that open up? What if we could let go of our incessant wanting, and, in full acknowledgment of the resources we have, retract the question "what do I want?" and instead ask: "what is wanted from me?".
- - Sun & Moon conjunct at 21 degrees Taurus
- - Sun & Moon sextile Neptune (1˚ orb) at 22 degrees Pisces - imagination / creativity / the opportunity to bring a dream to fruition / express more empathy & compassion.
- - Sun & Moon trine Pluto (5˚ orb) at 26˚ Capricorn - integration of shadow, facing the depths of psyche and soul more willingly
- - Mercury in Gemini trine Saturn in Aquarius - well ordered mind, well-structured thinking, organising, putting plans in place.
- - Mars (11˚ Cancer) sextile Uranus (11˚ Taurus) - opportunity to express a more radical expression of the will?
- - Mars (11˚ Cancer) exact square to Chiron (11˚ Aries) - the wounds of the warrior confronting / dealing with / trying to avoid conflict.
- - Pluto retrograde (since just after last full moon). All other planets direct until 22nd May.
- - Venus enters Gemini 9th May
- - Jupiter enters Pisces 13th May (2 days after new moon - turns R on Summer Solstice - back into Aquarius 28 July - turns D 18th Oct at 23 Aquarius - back into Pisces 29 Dec 2021)
- - Saturn turns retrograde 22nd May (13˚ Aquarius - goes back to 6˚, station direct on 10 Oct)
- - Mercury turns retrograde 30th May (24˚ Gemini) (enters R zone on 16 May at 16˚ Gemini)
For more information on Astrologer, John Wadsworth please check out his website - kairosastrology.co.uk
For more information on Plant Shaman, Davyd Farrell - plantconsciousness.com
Davyd comes from a Celtic background with ancestry from both Cornwall and Ireland. This connection forms an essential part of the healing practice, which he runs with his wife Emma. Together they are the co-founders of the ground-breaking event in London, Plant Consciousness which today has evolved into a healer training programme, plant diet retreats to take attendees deep into the inner realms of nature, remote healings for physical and spiritual vitality, an apothecary for powerful plant medicines and WisdomHub.tv.
Davyd has studied wisdom and healing traditions for many years including Druidry, Buddhism, Celtic Shamanism and Amazonian Shamanism.
I became a professional astrologer in 1992, following a profound experience of communion with the night sky, which opened my mind to the poetry of the cosmos and radically altered my worldview. I consider myself to be a creative innovator in the field, engaging with astrology primarily as an embodied, experiential practice capable of facilitating profound healing and transformation. Studying and working as an astrological consultant for over twenty years, I have tapped an incredibly rich resource of archetypal symbolic understanding and gained enormous insight into the workings of the human psyche. I offer astrological consultations and coaching sessions, working with individuals and couples to facilitate a profound journey of self-realisation. I am also an experienced teacher and workshop facilitator and hold a Masters in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology. I am also a pioneer of astrodrama and astrological theatre.
Throughout all of my work, my aim has been to help awaken passion, purpose and creative inspiration. I consider these to be at the heart of what it is to live an empowered life and what it is to be truly alive. I would say that my primary commitment as an astrologer is to help people re-align to their deepest truth and help them develop the confidence to live from that.